The Austrian Library (AL) was opened 6.11.1995 and is part of the Foreign Libraries section of the Education and Research Library of the Pilsen Region. It is one of eight such foreign Austrian libraries in the Czech Republic. The library stock is regularly updated by the Austrian Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs (Bundesministerium für Europa, Integration und Äusseres). The library works in close collaboration with the Austrian Cultural Forum in Prague. The entire stock of the AL is available for viewing in the electronic catalogue. All services are subject to the Library Regulations of the SVK PK.
Library user cards are identical to those for other sections of the SVK PK. They are issued only at the central library of the ERL of the Pilsen Region, Smetanovy sady 2, in the entrance hall during opening hours.
In addition to standard library facilities, such as circulation and onsite loans, the Austrian Library also offers other services.
- onsite viewing of films on DVD
- information on ÖSD international language examinations
- organising exhibitions, seminars, authorial readings and other cultural events
- Wi-Fi access
- access to the catalogue of the Austrian Library
- copying facilities
- information service
- thematic guided tours of the library for schools and interest groups
- foreign database of electronic information sources
- hiring video room – price list
These onsite services are offered in the calm and cosy surroundings of a historical building, where you can spend a pleasant while over a book or the daily press.
For further information please phone + 420 377 237 356.