The Romance library was opened 5th October 2016.
The Romance Library, together with the English and German and Austrian libraries, is part of the foreign libraries section of the Education and Research Library of the Pilsen region (SVK PK). The library houses foreign literature in Spanish and French and is supported by the Library of the Cervantes Institute in Prague. The library is an independent workplace of the Education and Research Library of the Pilsen region with its headquarters in the so-called European House on the Square of the Republic (náměstí Republiky 12). The entire library stock is listed in an electronic catalogue. All services are governed by the Library Regulations of the SVK PK. For application forms and issuing of library cards, visit the Education and Research Library of the Pilsen region entrance hall at Smetanovy sady 2 during opening hours.
- video-players for watching films onsite
- audio technology for listening to audiobooks and music
- lecture room with small tables for about 25 people. The room may be used free of charge for educational purposes for teachers of English and schools, such as, for example, a model lesson using video or other technical aids (if interested please call +420 377 329 533 to reserve a date). The room can also be hired for various types of seminar or cultural events.
- Organisation of exhibitions, seminars, authorial readings and other cultural events
- hiring the video room – price list
Within the framework of onsite services users are also provided with:
- Internet access
- access to catalogue of the Romance Library and Library of the Cervantes Institute
- copying facilities
- information service
- foreign database
These onsite services are offered in the calm and cosy surroundings of a historical building, where you can spend a pleasant while over the daily press or a book.
For further information please phone: + 420 377 329 533.